I’m Grateful for YOU!
I wanted to take a minute and express my gratitude for you!
I’m grateful for you and your efforts as a parent.
I’m grateful for your time, for your attention, and for your desire to grow.
Thank you for your support!
The Power Of Gratitude
Recently I’ve been doing a lot of coaching on emotions.
I don’t necessarily consider myself to be an emotions expert, but I wanted to share with you what I’ve learned in my own life and what I’ve learned from my clients.
Lately I’ve been on this kick of increasing my emotional awareness.
I’ve notice in my life that there are times that I hyper-focus on thoughts and beliefs that bring emotions that I don’t want to experience, and that with that focus, those emotions become the underlying emotion from day to day.
Lately, as I’ve been asking my clients to increase their emotional awareness, I’ve taken the invitation to do the same.
Here’s what I’ve learned.
Gratitude as a Feeling
Gratitude is a feeling, an emotion.
It is created by our thoughts.
It is created when we choose to appreciate our circumstances.
Gratitude is when you intentionally choose to be grateful and appreciative for your circumstances.
Gratitude is a powerful driving emotion.
We know from the model that our feelings drive our actions.
When I’m grateful I take actions like serving others, appreciating others, treating others (and myself) with kindness and patience.
Gratitude drives actions that create results that I love in my life.
Gratitude as a Way of BEing
Gratitude can be more than a simple feeling.
Gratitude can be a way of BEing. It’s a choice.
I love BEing grateful. It is one of my favorite ways to BE as a dad.
If you’re like most people, you’ve probably caught yourself being ungrateful.
If you’re like most people, when you’re ungrateful, you probably parent with less kindness and compassion.
It’s okay to catch yourself being ungrateful. It’s part of being human and being a parent.
BUT, you also have the power to BE grateful!
AND, I promise . . .
Gratitude WILL change EVERYTHING!
How to Develop the Superpower, GRATITUDE!
- Set your Intention Early and Every day!
- This has been powerful in my life!
- When I get up, I set my intention for the day.
- I guide my mind as to where I want it to go to work.
- This takes practice, but it’s totally worth it.
2. Practice BEing Grateful Daily.
- This one goes right along with #1, once you’ve set you intention, simply practice!
- Don’t expect yourself to be perfect.
- Just commit to practicing BEing grateful every day.
- It will become more and more natural.
3. See The Power of Gratitude In Your Life.
- As you set your intention and practice gratitude, see the power in your life.
- See how BEing grateful impacts your life.
- Look for new and more things to be grateful for.
- Find new ways to be grateful.
4. Keep a Gratitude Journal.
- Seriously, there are some many things to be grateful for, and when you start to look for them, you’ll be overwhelmed with all the gifts in your life.
- Keep a gratitude journal so you can remember and fully appreciate your life.
- This journal will help you look back and see your own growth.
- It’s fun to look back on things you were grateful for.
5. Share Your Gratitude with Others.
- You can’t make others feel gratitude, but you can lead by example.
- Help other people feel loved and appreciated by sharing your gratitude for them with them.
- This may help others see things that they are grateful for.
The Gift Of Growth
I want to give you the gift of growth.
I want to give you a FREE podcast-mini-series to help you grow as a parent.
This mini-series will only be available for a limited time, from Monday November 14, 2022 through
This is a gift that will impact not only you, but your whole entire family as well.
Check out my FREE new podcast-mini-series Parenting From the Inside Out and learn how you can give your family the gift of your own personal growth.